Palazzo Fermi, one of the buildings in this complex, was built around the 15th century. Evidence of its past is demonstrated by some of the frescoed décor from around 1535, depicting grotesque cherubs, decorative patterns and the coat of arms of the Firmi family.
Centuries later, in 1840, Count Guerrieri inherited the palace and commissioned the Veronese architect Francesco Ronzani to build two additional storeys. From then, and for the rest of its history, the villa underwent many changes, even being used as a hospital for convalescent soldiers during the First World War.
Around the 1930s, the whole building was turned into the local Magistrate’s Court, leaving a curious legacy from this period in history in the form of the words (which have since disappeared) on the walls of one of the ground floor rooms in large letters saying:
“The law is equal for all”.