Villa Mosconi Bertani was built between 1735 and 1769 as the summer residence of the Counts Mosconi next to their existing winery.
The Counts Mosconi created a magnificent eight hectare English-style park and hosted a lively literary salon, inviting the finest cultural minds of the era, including the poet and scholar Ippolito Pindemonte.
These days you can visit its frescoed rooms, the English garden with its lake and the little ‘coffee house’ next to the vines. In the winemaking part of the villa there is the monumental barrel store, the old distillery and the historic grape-drying racks.
Since 1957 the villa has been owned by the Bertani family. Today, Giovanni and Guglielmo Bertani continue the tradition of producing wines at Tenuta Santa Maria begun by Gaetano Bertani. The owners also run guided tours and tastings, giving visitors the chance to learn more about the traditions and characteristics of the Valpolicella area and the techniques used to produce these great Veronese wines. The estate hosts weddings and MICE events.